For those groups that rent the Tsai Center, this information is intended to serve as a foundation to begin planning your event. We welcome the opportunity to hear your ideas and brainstorm how best to make them come to life at the Tsai Center.
- Dates & times are outlined in your contract. Please be mindful that additional time (and services) may incur additional charges.
- While your booking process will start with Kara Mullen, Associate Director, Production Services, your event will be assigned to one of our full-time production staff. They will work with you on the specifics of your event, including your technical and front-of-house needs. Be mindful that our staff is comprised of full-time and student workers. Please contribute to making this a respectful work environment for all.
- Your rental of Tsai is subject to the Terms & Conditions for all groups renting Boston University facilities and is provided in your contract. Additional terms specific to the Tsai Performance Center are below and will also be included in your contract.
Tsai Center Terms & Conditions
IT IS AGREED TO USE THE TSAI PERFORMANCE CENTER:
1. Licensee will always list the Facility as “Boston University Tsai Performance Center” on all printed and online materials, radio advertising, and any other notice necessary to show the place of the Event.
2. Licensee will prohibit the consumption of food or beverages within the Facility except in the outer marble lobby area, and prohibit smoking within any part of the Facility.
3. Licensee will not post literature, banners, or notices of any kind on the stage, walls, drapes, or on any part of the Facility without prior written consent of the University.
4. Licensee will not encumber or obstruct the areas in front of the entrance, corridors, or stairs of the Facility, nor will Licensee allow any such areas to be obstructed or encumbered by others. Licensee will not exceed the agreed upon capacity. Licensee agrees that standing room and seating in aisles, vomitoriums, and passageways WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
5. Licensee will make available to the Boston University students, faculty, staff, and alumni tickets at a cost less than the normal public price, after presentation of the appropriate Boston University identification card. There will be a limit of two tickets for each Boston University identification card.
6. Licensee agrees to make available to the Tsai Performance Center staff six complimentary tickets per performance. In the event that these tickets are not being used by Boston University guests 24 hours prior to the performance, the Tsai Performance Center staff will return these tickets to the Licensee for sale.
7. Licensee will collect and remit to the proper governmental authorities all amounts which may be due for taxes on admissions or otherwise. The University assumes no liability for such taxes.
8. Licensee agrees to provide evidence indicating that Licensee does have a contract to present the artist(s) or event stated on the cover of this Agreement, upon request of the University.
9. If Licensee proposes to present a stage production or motion picture, Licensee will, if requested by University, submit said film or script to University for review at least two weeks before the term of this Agreement begins. University has the right at any time before or during the term of this Agreement to terminate said Agreement if the content of the Event is deemed objectionable for any reason by the University’s standards. The termination will be without liability or penalty except that University will refund to Licensee any sums of money paid by Licensee or pro-rated portion thereof at the time of such termination, except that the University shall retain the non-refundable deposit paid by the Licensee.
- Establishing the stage setup & overall needs is an important part of the process. Please share all ideas & plans for your upcoming program with Kara Mullen and/or your Tsai production contact so we can prepare accordingly.
- We will try to accommodate all reasonable requests, but we reserve the right to deny requests that are not in the best interest of the event or the facility.
- During the planning process, we will confirm the setup, rehearsal and tech schedule, start and end times, and staffing as appropriate for your reservation.
- The Tsai Center is committed to furthering Boston University’s Zero Waste Plan. Think about what you can do to reduce the environmental footprint of your program. Read more about “How to Host a Sustainable Event.”