In partnership with BU Sustainability, BU Information Security is excited to hosting the Spring Shred + Recycle event from April 25th thru April 27th, 2023. These are open to all faculty, staff, and students to safely & securely dispose of documents – any and all paperwork, especially those papers with personal or sensitive information – and hard drives. You can also recycle batteries, lightbulbs, toner, cords, and electronics. New for this year, additional recycling opportunities for recycling textiles, books, and film plastics.
There is no limit to the amount you can shred and recycle. Clear out your office, dorm (you can even bring things from your home office or space!) and get ready to visit us at:
Note: If you have a large amount, please coordinate directly with facilities to transport to the event. We do not arrange or pick up.
Tuesday April 25, 2023: BU Medical Campus Talbot Green, 715 Albany Street, from 10:00am-1:00pm, in front of the Talbot Building.
Wednesday April 26, 2023: Charles River Campus, Agganis Arena Parking Lot, 925 Commonwealth Ave (the parking lot is directly behind Agganis Arena, access. the lot via Buick Street or Harry Agganis Way), from 10:00am-1:00pm.
Thursday April 27, 2023: Charles River Campus, Kenmore Lot, 549 Commonwealth Ave , from 10:00am-1:00pm.
If you’re unsure of when you can dispose of BU documents, this is a good opportunity to familiarize yourself with the University’s Record Retention Policy https://www.bu.edu/policies/record-retention/.
What can I bring:
- Records, documents, paperwork
- Hard drives. Bring your old laptop, desktop, mobile devices and we will make sure the hard drive is removed and shredded!
- Old electronics. If it plugs in we will recycle it!
- Electrical cords
- Toner cartridges
- NEW! Textiles (Footwear, Clothing, Accessories, Linens, Etc.)
- NEW! Books (Any and all types, including textbooks & academic journals)
- NEW! Film plastic (clean grocery bags, bubble wrap, plastic wrap.)
What NOT to bring:
- Anything not listed above!
- Things that traditionally go in the trash
- Things that go in food waste bins on campus
Please reach out if you have a large/excessive amount of documents via the link: https://www.bu.edu/sustainability/how-to/recycle/