It’s easy to embed a Twitter timeline in your BU WordPress site. You can embed Twitter anywhere on your site, although in most instances you will want to place your Twitter timeline in the sidebar or footbar using the BU Text Widget.
In addition to the timeline embed, Twitter now offers easy Follow and @Mention buttons that can be placed in sidebar/footbar widgets or directly on a page. See display options (#3 in steps below) when creating your Twitter embed code.
To publish a Twitter timeline or a Twitter button, follow these steps:
- Log in to publish.twitter.com.
- Enter your twitter.com URL or your @name if you want a basic Twitter timeline. Twitter offers more granular options for embeds (collections, hashtags, profiles, etc.), so view the options available and build the one that meets your needs.
- Choose your display option.
- Embedded timeline lists your most recent tweets.
- Twitter Buttons show Follow or @Mention buttons on your site.
- Optionally you can select advanced options for size, color and language. Default options work fine in BU WordPress. NOTE the embedded timeline shows 20 posts by default; most users may wish to set a specific pixel height under advanced options (this will show fewer tweets but the timeline scrolls in place). 500-600 pixel height is a good place to start testing.
- Copy all the embed code Twitter provides to you.
- Come back to your BU WordPress site and paste the entire embed code into your BU WordPress site (in most cases this will be pasting the HTML into the BU Text Widget on a specific page).
- Publish your page.