Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Guests
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
EZproxy utilizes BU's standard Shibboleth authentication page to provide members of the University community remote access to web-based, licensed content (data bases, journals, etc.) offered by BU libraries. While many of these resources are broadly available to the BU community, access to some is limited to certain groups or to those physically on campus. We use EZproxy software to help manage these varying access requirements for restricted resources.
EZproxy ensures that you have easy access to all the licensed library resources available to you, based on your group affiliations and your current network location.
- Easy access to extensive, professional resources - hundreds of databases and thousands of journals - electronic textbooks, newspapers, and much more
- Easy to use - much easier to use than older proxy services -- just log in! No need to edit your web browser's settings.
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- Most licensed databases and journals are accessible to all currently-registered University students, plus faculty and staff.
- Some databases and journals are licensed for use by select groups, such as those available only to the Medical Campus or Law School communities.
- A small number of resources are available only to people who are physically on campus.
Indexes of site-licensed electronic resources: