Available to: Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff
Cost: No charge for using Microsoft Teams. Some add-ons require additional charges. See Cost, below.
- See Getting Started, below.
Microsoft Teams, the successor to Microsoft Skype for Business, is a unified communications platform combining modern online meeting technology with enterprise level persistent chat, file storage and collaboration, and application integration.
Easily add Teams meetings to your events using native integration with Microsoft Outlook. Collaborate with peers and guests in meetings, even if they are outside Boston University. Securely record and store your meetings with cloud-based storage in Microsoft Stream.
- Meet with up to 250 people at the same time
- Integrated with your existing Outlook calendar and application
- Share your desktop, applications, or a whiteboard during meetings
- Automatically record and upload video, audio, and shared content from meetings to Microsoft Stream
- Audio conferencing allows audio-only participants to join via telephone (standard charges apply)
- Presence indication based on each person’s Teams activity, manual status settings, and Outlook calendar
- Join meetings and collaborate from Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices
What to Expect
Microsoft Teams is provided as part of Microsoft’s cloud-based Office 365 platform, for which Microsoft promises 99.9% uptime. See the Office 365 Trust Center for details and compliance reports.
- Collaboration and chat features are accessible from most modern web browsers. However, not all features are available in all browsers. Detailed information about supported features for each browser can be found on Limits and specifications for Microsoft Teams.
- The Microsoft Teams app is available for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. Detailed requirements can be found on Hardware requirements for the Microsoft Teams app.
- At minimum, hosts and participants in an online meeting should have:
- A broadband wired or wireless internet connection
- A microphone and speakers, or a headset
While Microsoft Teams is available at no charge, additional add-ons must be purchased.
|Audio Conferencing||Allows participants to join meetings by calling one of Microsoft’s local conference numbers.||$18/year|
To request an add-on or a consultation, please submit a request.