Available to: Students, Staff
Cost: No charge
Graduate Admissions utilizes Liaison, an external vendor that supplies graduate application services along with a suite of enterprise applications and tools that supports a graduate school’s administrative processes, from academic program inquiry to student matriculation.
The Graduate Admissions service improves student satisfaction by reducing administrative overhead, nearly eliminating the need for manual entry of graduate admissions applications. It creates an early connection between the student and the University which is maintained from application through alumni status.
- Direct client services: Provided for graduate applicants (online application), recommenders, graduate admissions personnel, application reviewers, and prospective students (inquiry)
- Supporting services: Integration with internal BU services, including student information systems, account provisioning, document export to OnBase, financial assistance, and Cashier (application fees)
- External services: Integration with third-party systems (centralized application services), and external testing services (GRE, IELTS and TOEFL)
- Yearly maintenance releases to meet changing business process requirements of clients
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- To submit an online application or provide a recommendation, one needs:
- An email account/address
- A computer or mobile device and a web browser
- Applicants who want to apply to BU’s graduate programs may apply by going to the school of choice and following the application process on the school’s web site.