My Grant Expenses is a reporting tool that has been developed specifically for Principal Investigators to provide a consolidated, easy-to-access view of budget and expenditure data for grants in their portfolio.
My Grants will require Duo login to the My Grants Website. For additional information on Duo, please click here.
Log In (Kerberos Password Required)
The report provides three levels of data storage on a single webpage:
- A summary of all grants in a PI’s portfolio
- A summary of expenses for each grant by budget category
- Detailed expenditure information for a grant as elected by the PIPrincipal Investigator View Boston University's policy on...
The report data displayed is identical to the data available in the BUWorks Business Warehouse faculty grants reports, but presented in a consolidated and enhanced display.
The report data can be viewed on the screen or exported to Excel for further analysis.
The reporting tool is available to any PI or Co-PI. Simply log in and any grant on which you are listed as a PI or Co-PI will be displayed.
This report is a consolidated view of data developed specifically for PIs. It is not intended for use by anyone with access to a department-wide portfolio, such as a department or central administrator. Those with broader department-level access should continue to use the Business Warehouse Budget to Actual reports where more comprehensive data is available.
If you would like to allow another individual, such as a lab assistant or postdoctoral scholar, to use this reporting tool to view data on a specific grant in your portfolio ask your BUWorks Department Security Administrator (DSA) to create a ticket requesting Other Authorized Viewer (OAV) access for that person.
- View My Grant Expenses Help Guides for user guides which break down how to use the reports and what data is presented
- Tip for for Administrators who have been asked by Faculty to assist with these reports but who do not have access to what the PI is seeing in My Grant Expenses, you can get a similar view using the Faculty Reports in Business Warehouse (BW). This field mapping document outlines what the view in BW looks like compared to the view in My Grant Expenses.
- Duo related questions please click this helpful site
Please note that in rare instances, PIs and Co-PIs are unable to access the “My Grants” site. When this occurs please put a ticket into firstname.lastname@example.org and request that the individual’s reporting access be reviewed and updated as needed.