Creating a Student Account
Instructions for Setting up a Student Account on Sona
- Please visit the Department’s Sona Systems web site.
- Go to the section on the left that reads “New Participant” and click on the link titled “Request an account here”.
- Follow the instructions on the page. You will need to include your name, BU ID number, and a valid BU e-mail address (“User ID”). To protect your privacy, you will only be identified to researchers by your first name. It is not necessary to type in “@bu.edu” when entering your User ID. Please be sure to select the specific PS 101 section in which you are enrolled from the menu.
- Once you have typed in your information, click the “Request Account” button. You should then receive an e-mail with your account password, granting you access to Sona Systems. You may change this password at any time by going to the “My Profile” section.
- Please update your e-mail spam filters to allow receipt of e-mail sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours, remember to check your Spam and Trash folders for the message.
Register for an Experiment
- Log in to Sona using your User ID and password.
- Click on “Study Sign-Up”. Look at the listing of current research experiments. Please be sure to read the descriptions carefully and note any restrictions (such as “males only” or “females only”). When you have located a study in which you wish to participate, click on the study. The number of credits you will receive upon completion will be listed.
- Click on “View Timeslots.” Choose the timeslot you wish to sign up for.
- You are now registered for the study. You may track your current and past studies by clicking on “My Schedule and Credits”. Please be sure to write down the date, time, and location of each study you sign up for.
- If you need to cancel an experiment appointment, you may do so by clicking on “My Schedule and Credits”. Please note that some studies require a minimum of a 24 hour cancellation notice.