Business Innovation Center
The BIC is in the heart of Boston University’s campus, on the 6 th floor of the Photonics Center, at 8. St. Mary’s Street, Boston. The BIC is 5500 ft2 comprising cubicles, offices, and optical and wet (BSL2) labs. BIC tenants are startups and large corporations who require BU’s unique core facilities and access to students and researchers to advance their business.
The innovation center companies (aka BICsters) are: Accoulent, LLC; AEMTec; Analog Devices Garage; BioVirtus; Coalesenz; FLEXcon, IRis Kinetics; Leuko Labs; Neural Dynamics Technologies; NxTec; Nuceptive; Plenoptika; Primetaz; StataDx; and Thorlabs.
Click here to Meet the BICsters
- Click on a company logo to see a biography and picture of each BICster
- Send them an email to have a chat!
As a BICster, you have access to the following resources:
- Modern office and laboratory space, fully furnished with telephone and high-speed internet connections
- Fully permitted laboratories
- Options for Bio-Safety Level 2(BSL-2) space. (See Guidelines)
- A wide range of technical equipment and engineering resources to aid in rapid product development
- Conference rooms, kitchen, security, and custodial services
- Shared access to photonics laboratories and capital equipment with the Photonics Center
- Boston University Engineering library
- Conference and Catering Services
- Office of Environmental Health and Safety (handling and disposal of hazardous waste)
- Photonics Center conferences, symposia, guest lectures and social and networking events
- Safe recycling location for battery, lightbulb and electronics on the 1st floor (see BU Sustainability for more information)
Interested in joining the BIC? Fill out the BICster Prospects Form
TTT time at the BIC: networking social event
BIC Brochure (downloadable)