The following is a list of services provided at the Patient Treatment Center.
Urgent Dental Care
The goal of emergency dental treatment is to alleviate pain immediately and deal with acute problems such as infection and trauma. For emergency dental treatment weekdays, please call 617-358-8300 to inquire about hours of service. Following emergency care, we recommend that you arrange an appointment by calling 617-358-8300 for a comprehensive evaluation.
After-Hours Emergency Coverage
If you are already a registered patient of GSDM and have a dental emergency when the Urgent Care Center is closed please call 617-358-0190.
Student dentists provide routine dental care in the general dentistry facilities. Patients needing extensive dental care are referred to the specialty departments on recommendation by the faculty. Appointments are available on weekdays and select evenings
Oral Diagnosis & Radiology
Your initial visit will most likely be on the first floor.
This is where most diagnostic radiographs (X-rays) and preliminary examinations are performed. Patients are then assigned to other departments for treatment
We offer dental services in the following specialty areas:
- Advanced General Practice: General dentistry for more complex dental needs
- Endodontics: Root canal therapy
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery: Diagnosis and surgical treatment of diseases and injuries of the mouth, jaw, and related structures, including implantology, temporomandibular disorders (TMJ), and cranial disorders
- Cosmetic Dentistry: Porcelain veneers, bleaching, and tooth-colored fillings
- Implant Dentistry: Replacement of missing teeth using fabricated roots that support replacement teeth
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics: Adjustment of the position and alignment of the teeth using corrective appliances or braces (available for both children and adults)
- Pediatric Dentistry: Limited services for children up to age 14
- Periodontics: Diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the structures around the teeth (gums) and including implant placement
- Prosthodontics: Restoration of damaged or missing teeth with crowns, bridges, or removable dentures to improve the bite as well as appearance. The treatment, often for complex dental conditions, may include restorations supported by implants
To make an appointment call: 617-358-8300
Urgent dental care needs: 617-358-8300
After-hours emergencies: 617-358-0190