Whether you plan to advance your career in specialized dental practice, education, research, or health policy, one thing is certain: Boston University will prepare you for a leadership role.
In fact, the Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine has long been a leader in postdoctoral education. We started exclusively as a postdoctoral training institution in 1963. And BU’s notable history in both research and patient care has created unmatched opportunities for our students.
Since we offer rigorous programs in ten disciplines, you’ll receive not only a firm theoretical foundation through your coursework, but also a wealth of cross-disciplinary discussion to enrich your understanding. As for clinical training, GSDM has few equals in quality and range. We’re part of Boston Medical Center, a two-hospital academic health center treating a diverse patient population with complex medical issues. We also partner with community health centers in Boston and surrounding communities. In all these settings, you’ll be directly responsible for patient care with close supervision and feedback.
As you might expect, you’ll find outstanding research possibilities here, too. So, while earning your degree or certificate, you can contribute to advances in science and dental medicine. Most of our post-doctoral programs offer the option of coupling a research program to your clinical training program.
We invite you to read more about our Post-doctoral Program Degrees and Certificates.
Or learn about our individual programs:
- Dental Public Health (CAGS, MSD, DScD)
- Digital Dentistry (CAGS)
- Endodontics (CAGS, MSD, DScD)
- Geriatric Dental Medicine (CAGS)
- Operative Dentistry (CAGS, MSD, DScD)
- Oral Biology (MSD, DSc, DScD)
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (CAGS, MSD, DScD)
- Orofacial and Skeletal Biology (PhD)
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics (CAGS, MSD, DScD)
- Pediatric Dentistry (CAGS, MSD, DScD)
- Periodontology (CAGS, MSD, DScD)
- Prosthodontics (CAGS, MSD, DScD)