Kilachand Hall Phase 2 – Construction Update – 02/03/23
General Project Information
- Daily Work Hours from 7 am – 3 pm.
- The Traffic Management Plan for the project has been approved by the Boston Transportation Department and is in place.
- Relocated accessible parking spaces posted for use on 6/29 (in front of 81 and 83 Bay State Road).
- Jersey barrier site containment in place, pedestrian walkway also in place and operational. The city sidewalk in front of Kilachand Hall is permitted to be used as part of the construction site limits.
- Bike lane is fully functional in front of Kilachand Hall
- BU parking spots directly behind Kilachand Hall on Back Street remain a “no parking zone”. This will continue for the project duration to maintain an adequate drive lane for local traffic on Back Street and allow the construction team to safely contain a work area north of the dormitory.
During the weekend of February 4th
- No weekend work will take place.
- Consigli crew members will be checking in on the construction area Friday night and throughout the day Saturday due to the freezing temperatures expected.
During the week of February 6th
- Riggs masonry crew continuing with the brick rebuild of the level 8 façade on the east and west elevations.
- Badd Bros will be on site erecting steel in the center of the level 9 renovation area, as well as mobilizing a crane to deliver steel for the southeast roof work. Crane mobilization is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday. Steel erection will then commence in that area.
- Royal Steam Plumbing and Murphy Electric to continue with rough in work on levels 1, 7, and 8.
- Mass Acoustics will be framing headers for the curtainwall on level 9, working on exterior framing and sheathing at the elevator penthouse on level 9, and continuing with sheetrock on levels 2 through 6 in the renovated suite areas.
- Cogswell continues with rough in of the fire protection system in the renovated suite areas.
- Thyssenkrup Elevator mechanics on site building out new elevators. Delivery is scheduled for Monday, February 6th from 12 pm to 7 pm.
- Consigli/Riggs team on site for cleaning, site support, and supervision.