Kilachand Hall Phase 2 – Construction Update – 12/9/22
General Project Information
- Daily Work Hours from 8 am-4 pm. (Quiet study and exam period)
- The Traffic Management Plan for the project has been approved by the Boston Transportation Department and is in place.
- Relocated accessible parking spaces posted for use on 6/29 (in front of 81 and 83 Bay State Road).
- Jersey barrier site containment in place, pedestrian walkway also in place and operational. City sidewalk in front of Kilachand Hall is permitted to be used as part of the construction site limits.
- Bike lane is fully functional in front of Kilachand Hall
- BU parking spots directly behind Kilachand Hall on Back Street remain a “no parking zone”. This will continue for the duration of the project to maintain an adequate drive lane for local traffic on Back Street and allowing for the construction team to safely contain a work area north of the dormitory
During the weekend of December 10th
- A small crew of plumbers and electricians will continue with rough in work in the renovated suite areas. Work hours will be from 7:30 am – 3:30 pm.
During the week of December 12th
- The construction team respects the quiet study period starting the evening of Monday, December 12th. Work will be limited to only critical schedule items that should not disrupt students. The project team will be having stand-down meetings with the contractors over the next couple of days to help build awareness around this time.
- Badd Bros steel erectors will be on level 9 working on steel detailing, welding, and bolting. The crane will be de-mobilized after Friday, December 9th.
- Royal Steam Plumbing and Murphy Electric to continue with scheduled critical rough in work in the new suite areas.
- Mass Acoustics will have a carpenter on site to handle any miscellaneous framing needed in the renovation areas.
- Access to scaffold stair towers will be limited to only the west side stair tower outside of the unoccupied construction area.
- Consigli/Riggs team will be on site for cleaning support and supervision.