Six (4-credit) courses are required, all completed with a grade of C or higher. Of these six courses, a minimum of three must be taken at Boston University.
Course numbers and course topics shift every semester, please consult your advisor before finalizing your schedule.
CIMS Minor Requirements
- One Course in Film History
- CAS CI 101 History of Global Cinema: Origins through 1950s
- One Course in Film Aesthetics
- CAS CI 200 Introduction to Film & Media Aesthetics
- Four Electives
- Four total Cinema & Media Studies electives (three unrestricted, plus one at the 400+ level), chosen in consultation with the student’s advisor