Your CAS experience is more than just the classroom—and so is campus. Find your people, get out of your comfort zone, and take advantage of everything BU has to offer. No matter what side of campus you’re on, there’s a show, program, or event waiting for you to enjoy. Take it from one of our own!
Dining and Housing
- Have questions about where you will live on campus? Check out the BU Housing website to see the options available to students on campus (and get a peak at the city views from your freshman room).
- Some students choose to live in one of our Living-Learning Houses, which bring a shared culture to your campus residence, connecting like-minded students and faculty to promote mentoring and foster community learning. Residences include Global House (for those passionate about languages and cultures), the Kilachand Honors House and Floors, and the Core Curriculum House and Floors.
- BU offers a selection of dining halls down Commonwealth Ave, all designed to meet your dietary needs. If you can’t make it to one of these spots, you can always grab a quick bite at the George Sherman Union Food Hall and hit campus staples like Raising Canes, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Einstein Bagels, and Basho Sushi. Packard’s Corner, near the west side of campus, offers the Super 88 Market, Brown Sugar Cafe for Thai food, Clear Flour Bakery, and the Holly Crab—to name a few. And when you find yourself in Kenmore Square, you can always hit up legendary spot Cornwall’s or the other restaurants near Fenway Park.
Health and Wellness
- As an undergraduate student at BU, you have access to resources to keep on top of your physical and mental well-being. The goal of BU Student Health Services is to help you stay well throughout your time on campus by providing programs and services that do just that. Additionally, all full-time undergraduate students have access to BU’s FitRec Center—located next to the Agganis Arena—which includes new gym equipment, a swimming pool, and a climbing wall. You can also sign up for dance and group fitness classes (at all levels). You can even join an intramural sports league if you miss your favorite high school pastime.
- Check out a sporting event or a concert at the Agganis Arena or catch a book tour or lecture at the WBUR CitySpace.
- Newly opened in its new space at 808 Commonwealth Ave, the Howard Thurman Center—BU’s cultural hub—runs monthly events, book clubs, podcasts, community service, and discussions all designed to help the entire BU community expand their thinking and understanding of others.
- The Boston Playwrights’ Theatre runs productions from thesis students in our award-winning Playwriting program throughout the academic year.
- In the heart of campus (and the CAS building) sits the Tsai Performance Center, a space you’ll certainly venture to at orientation as well as for musical, dance, and other performances.
- Make sure to sign up for BU Today’s daily emails, so you can keep up with campus news and get their weekly Weekender post, full of everything to do on and off campus.
- The Newman Catholic Center at BU, BU Hillel, Islamic Society of BU, and the BU Hindu Students Council are among the various campus religious groups that offer students a place to express their faith freely. You can find a full list on the Student Group directory. BU Religious Life can connect you with the appropriate campus group for your beliefs and keep you updated on faith-based news on campus.