Transferring from another university to Arts & Sciences

We welcome your interest in transferring to Boston University’s College of Arts & Sciences. Credits and coursework of incoming transfer students are evaluated by faculty in the corresponding CAS or other BU academic departments and programs. The transfer credit evaluation is initiated and coordinated by the Office of the University Registrar (OUR).

Read more


Transferring from another BU school or college to Arts & Sciences

During the course of your studies, you may decide that the College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) is a more appropriate home for your college education. If this is the case, we encourage you to consult with an undergraduate advisor in the CAS Advising Center or an advisor associated with the major you wish to undertake. Click here for procedures for transferring into CAS from another BU school or college.

In general, an intra-University transfer from any of BU’s four-year schools and colleges into CAS requires the following:

  • A minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average
  • At least one full-time semester with 12 or more credits in a degree program at your current school

Students in the College of General Studies have the opportunity to transition into CAS to complete their BU degree, and can contact CGS Student Services or CAS Advising Center for further information.

Intra-University Transfer Guidelines