Grades, Course Credits, and Incomplete Coursework

Grades and Course Credits

University Policy

Wheelock College of Education & Human Development Policy

Undergraduate Students

Wheelock majors may take up to two electives on a Pass/Fail basis. As most Wheelock degree plus licensure programs do not include electives, but rather choices of requirements, few Wheelock majors are able to avail themselves of this opportunity. Students who wish to take electives on a Pass/Fail basis should meet with their advisor to assure the course is, in fact, not required for the major or minor.

More information regarding the Pass/Fail policy for undergraduate students can be found here.

Graduate Students

Wheelock College of Education & Human Development graduate students cannot receive academic credit toward graduation for Pass/Fail courses, with the exception of Dissertation Advisement.

All Wheelock graduate students must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average in the courses counted toward their degree in order to meet degree or certificate requirements. Wheelock graduate students may petition for acceptance of eight semester hours of grades of C or C+, as long as their cumulative grade point average is 3.0 or higher. A grade of C– will not be accepted toward degree requirements.

Incomplete Coursework

University Policy

Wheelock College of Education & Human Development Policy

To receive a grade of “Incomplete” in the Wheelock College of Education & Human Development, an “Incomplete Grade Contract” must be filled out by both the student and instructor. The completed contract should include a description of the work that needs to be completed, the deadline for completion, and the course grade the student should receive if the outstanding work is not completed and submitted. After the form is signed by both the student and instructor, it should be returned to the Wheelock Student Records office for processing. Incomplete grades should not be awarded without this contract.

Students have at most one year to resolve the terms of the contract or the grade will become the grade earned at the time the “I” grade was issued.