Minor in Systems Engineering
Robotics, sensor networks, automation, electrical grids, biological models, control systems.
Requirements for a Minor in Systems Engineering
A minor in Systems Engineering can be earned through completion of 20 credits selected from the list below. Only one of the courses in the two lists marked by asterisks (*) can be taken for credit (see note at bottom of sheet).
- Some 500-level & 700 level Systems Engineering courses can be used by petition.
- ENG EC 381 Probability Theory in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- *ENG EC 401 Signals and Systems
- *ENG BE 401 Signals and Systems in Biomedical Engineering
- *ENG EC 402 Control Systems
- *ENG BE 402 Control Systems in Biomedical Engineering
- *ENG ME 404 Dynamics and Control of Mechanical Systems
- ENG EC 330 Applied Algorithms for Engineers
- ENG EC 415 Communication Systems
- ENG EC 441 Introduction to Computer Networking
- ENG ME 411 Operations Research
- ENG ME 420 Supply Chain Engineering
- No more than 8 credits can be used to satisfy the student’s major degree credit requirements.
- Students are expected to obtain necessary background (prerequisites or equivalents) to complete their chosen minor program.
- Students must have a declared major on record in order to apply for the Minor in Systems Engineering.
- The grade point average (GPA) of the courses (20 credits) used for the minor must be 2.0 or greater for the minor to be awarded.
- Applications for the Minor in Systems Engineering must be approved by the Minor Coordinator of the Division of Systems Engineering.
- Students planning to pursue a minor in Systems Engineering should apply as early as possible to facilitate course planning, and in no case later than October 1 of the senior year.
Note: The following courses overlap too much for credit to be given for more than 1 course in each of a-c below. However, these courses can be used to satisfy minor requirements subject to the 8 credit double limit count. Students are required to complete the course appropriate to their major.
- Probability: ENG EC 381, ENG ME 366, ENG BE 200
- Signals: ENG EC 401, ENG BE 401
- Control: ENG BE 402, ENG EC 402 or ENG ME 404