The BU Research Computing Services group home page is the starting point for the Boston University community’s access to resources, and others may also find it of use. The packages page of this tutorial also has pointers to help pages and tutorials related to software we support.
A few pointers to other web resources which may be of interest or use.
General references and tutorials on scientific visualization:
- Wikipedia entry on Scientific Visualization
- Answers.com entry on Scientific Visualization
- Sci Vis course at UIUC
Examples are often a good way to get ideas for how to do your visualizations:
- BU RCS Visualization Gallery
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab Visualization Vignettes
- NASA Goddard Scientific Visualization Gallery
A sampling of institutional scientific visualization web pages: