Please select your browser below and follow the instructions provided.
Internet Explorer 8 to 11
- Launch Internet Explorer from your desktop or start menu.
- Click either the Gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the browser or the Tools menu option if you have the Menu bar enabled.
- Click Internet options, the second to the last item in the list.
- Click the General tab.
- In the Browsing History section click the Delete… button.
- Ensure that at least the Temporary Internet files and website files and Cookies and website data check boxes are checked. Boston University’s login system does not allow for saving passwords in a browser so check the Passwords check box if you have previously saved your BU credentials in your browser.
Please Note: If Blackboard Learn or other BU sites are saved in your Favorites, you will need to either remove it from your Favorites list or uncheck the check box labeled Preserve Favorites website data.
- Click the Delete button.
- Click OK to close out the Internet Explorer Options window from step #5.
Firefox Final Release Channel
- Launch Firefox from your desktop or start menu.
- Click the Library icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window (shown in screenshot below).
- Click History.
- Click Clear Recent History…
- In the window that appears, for the Time range to clear drop down, select Everything.
- Ensure that at least the Active Logins, Cache and Offline Website Data check boxes are checked. DO NOT check the Site Preferences check box as this will reset some settings like pop-up blocker settings that you may need.
- Click the Clear Now button.
Google Chrome Stable Channel
- Launch Google Chrome from your desktop or start menu.
- Click the menu icon located in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window, then move your mouse over More tools and then click Clear browsing data…
- In the window that appears, ensure that you are on Basic (not Advanced) and ensure that All time is selected in the Time range drop down menu.
- Ensure that at least Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files are checked.
- Click the Clear data button.
- You can now close this tab or window.