Echo360 personal capture enable instructors to record audio, computer screens and webcam video. These recordings can be edited and saved on computers or shared online for students.
To get started:
- Download and Install Echo 360
- Configure Devices for Echo 360 Personal Capture
- Create and Publish Recordings
- Log in at https://echo360.bu.edu:8443/ess/login.jsp
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Download Echo360 Software by clicking on the appropriate platform link
- PC: EchoSystemSoftwareCaptureForWindows_5.4.40209.exe
- MAC: EchoSystemPersonalCaptureForMac_5.4.40953.zip
- Find the downloaded file on your computer, and double-click it. It should extract the Echo Installer in the same file location where you download Echo360 Software. If you saved the file to your desktop, the installer file will also be on the desktop.
- Double-click the installer, then follow the installation wizard steps.
Before you start a capture, you need to select which devices you will use to record your audio and video. You can set this up once and use just those devices forever.
To configure devices:
- Connect any devices needed for recording video (webcam) and audio (microphone)
- Open Echo360 Personal Capture by using the Echo 360 icon on your desktop or from your Start menu.
- Select Start Recording. This takes you to the pre-capture page.
- Click Configure on the bottom of the pre-capture page.
- Use the drop-down menu to select an audio device.
- Use the drop-down menus to select the right and left video devices, and video qualities.
- Click OK when finished.
- If your device is not listed, close Personal Capture, plug in your device and restart Personal Capture, then repeat steps 2 – 7.
If you need any assistance setting up or configuring your webcam and microphone, call us at 617-353-HELP (353-4357) or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you are ready for capture, click the Start Recording button.
- Once you click the Start Recording button, a five-second countdown begins to give you time to launch your presentation software and start.
- If you want to stop the recording, Press
- Alt + F2 on PC
- Command + 6 on MAC
- Or choose Stop Recording from the menu in the system tray.
- When you stop the recording, the Edit Recording window is displayed where you can review and edit to your recording.
- When you are done editing your recording, click the Publish Recording button.
- To publish it, you must log in to the Echo360 server using your BU login name and kerberos password. IMPORTANT: As an additional level of security, Personal Capture users must connect to the BU network in order to publish their recordings. This can be done off campus through the use of a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Instructions for using the BU VPN can be found here