The Incident Response Team provides coverage 7 days a week, 365 days a year to respond to reported breaches of security. We encourage anyone who is aware of a potential security breach affecting Boston University accounts, computers, or networks to report all available information to the Incident Response Team for analysis.
Our experts in technology security are on duty every day of the year. Use the links below to let us know about a potential security incident and to learn more about computer security. An Incident Response Team member will contact you if we need to follow up.
- Learn more about when to report an incident, types of incidents, and examples of incidents that should be reported.
- Report an incident via the Web or call our hotline at 617-358-1100.
- Report a violation of copyright.
- Learn more about what to do with unwanted email such as as spam or phishing attempts.
- Learn how to respond when your system has been compromised.
- Learn more about the Incident Response Team.
- If you wish to send us encrypted data, you may use the Incident Response Team’s pgp key.