Available to: Students, Staff, Departments, New/Incoming Students
Cost: No charge
- See Getting Started, below.
Student Health services provide up-to-date student medical compliance status as needed and as required to the Office of the Registrar and to the State of Massachusetts Health Services. The service incorporates an Immunization Compliance System (ICS) that allows students, student health services clinicians, and administrative staff to access and update medical information on the Web.
By providing all clients appropriate and convenient access to a single repository for all relevant information, this services reduces costs and improves accuracy through elimination of manual entry, and ensures compliance with BU policies and state health regulations.
- Integrates with internal BU services, in particular the Registration service
- Provides both mass and targeted email communication
- Delivers information and transactional functionality through a variety of targeted portals
- Provides distributed management tools to administrators
What to Expect
This service normally will be available 24 by 7 except for standard change windows, as described in IS&T’s standard policies, procedures, and schedules for making changes.
- To access the Student Health service, one needs:
- A BU login account is required to access functionality on the Faculty/Staff Link (departments and staff). Staff members require a mainframe account and DUO to access functionality on the mainframe.
- Students: In the Student Link, select Personal, then Compliance
- Administrators: Use the Faculty/Staff Link
- Certain distributed administrative functions may require additional training from central administration or the department. Individuals should check with their unit’s Data Security Administrator (DSA) for training availability.
- Staff requiring access to the Student Health Services components on the mainframe, as well as functionality on Faculty/Staff Link should contact their unit’s Data Security Administrator (DSA) to request correct permissions for access to functions and data.