MA Statistics Qualifying Exams
All MA students in the statistics track must take the following two exams: the MA Theory exam and the MA Applied exam. These are offered every April. The MA Theory exam covers the material from MA581 (Probability), MA582 (Mathematical Statistics), and MA583 (Introduction to Stochastic Processes). There are two questions from each course. Students are required to answer four questions, including at least one question from each area. The MA Applied exam covers the material from MA575 (Linear Models) and MA576 (Generalized Linear Models). There are two questions from each course. Students are required to answer three questions total.
Copies of some old qualifying exams are available below.
Statistics M.A. Theory Qualifier Problems:
- 581qual_07 | 581qual_08 | 581qual_09 | 581qual_spr10 | 581qual_11
- 582qual_07 | 582qual_08 | 582qual_09 | 582qual_spr10 | 582qual_11
- 583qual_07 | 583qual_08 | 583qual_09 | 583qual_spr10 | 583qual_11
Statistics M.A. Applied Qualifier Problems:
- 575qual_fall06 | 575qual_spr07 | 575qual_fall07 | 575qual_spr08 | 575qual_fall08 | 575qual_spr09 | 575qual_fall09| 575qual_spr10 | 575qual_fall10 | 575qual_spr11 | 575qual_fall11 | 575qual_spr12 | 575qual_fall12 | 575qual_spr13
- 576qual_07 | 576qual_08 | 576qual_09| 576qual_spr10 | 576qual_sp12 | 576qual_spr13