CS PhD students Zhuoqun Tom Cheng and Ying Ye along with their...
BUILDS team makes it to the CSAW Capture-the-Flag competition finals
The BU Student ACM / BUILDS team has qualified for the finals of NYU-Poly’s CSAW (Cyber-Security Awareness Week) Capture-the-Flag competition, where teams compete to solve challenges relevant to modern computer security.
BUILDS will send a team of four to the finals, which are at NYU-Poly, in Brooklyn, from Thursday, 15 November to Saturday, 17 November. Our team is:
- Allan Wirth 2015 Computer Science
- Danny Cooper 2013 Computer Science
- Jeff Crowell 2013 Computer Engineering
- George Silvis, III 2014 Math/Ancient Greek [Treasurer of BUILDS]
In addition, the following people participated in the qualifying round two weeks ago:
- Giancarlo Duncan 2013 Computer Science
- John-Nicholas Furst 2013 Computer Engineering [Secretary of BUILDS]
- Avery Gray 2014 Computer Science
- Monica Gribouski 2013 Computer Science [President of BUILDS]
- Anthony Inzero 2013 Computer Science
- Andrew Mohn 2014 Mathematics
- Jeff Sullivan 2013 Computer Science
- Liam Wang 2013 Computer Science
Out of 722 teams that participated in the preliminary round, BUILDS placed 44th, and out of the undergraduate teams eligible to qualify, we took 13th. We are pleased that BUILDS will represent Boston University in this internationally recognized competition.
You can find more information about the CSAW CTF competition at NYU-Poly’s website, http://www.poly.edu/csaw2012 .