All Topics (January 13 through April 1)
There are no events in All Topics during the specified time period.
- Six Junior Faculty Receive Career Development Awards September 23, 2016Jerry Chen received quite a present just three months after arriving at BU. Chen, a College of Arts & Sciences assistant professor of biology, is the winner of this year’s Stuart and Elizabeth Pratt Career Development Professorship, which highlights excellence within CAS. A neuroscientist who uses the sensory input from the whiskers of mice to […]
- Board of Trustees Welcomes Six New Members September 23, 2016The six new trustees joining the Boston University Board of Trustees come from a range of fields, among them business, engineering, education, and philanthropy. Newly elected to the board are William Bloom (CGS’82, Questrom’84), who had been an ex officio trustee as chair of the Board of Overseers; Ahmass Fakahany (Questrom’79), chief executive of the […]
- Women’s Ice Hockey Takes on Providence at Home Sunday September 23, 2016At the end of the BU women’s ice hockey 2015–2016 season, many players felt disappointed at falling just short of their fifth consecutive Hockey East championship with a 5-0 loss to BC in the title game. While the Terriers found the back of the net at a rate of 3.59 goals per game last year, […]
- University-Wide BU Hub on Track for 2018 Launch September 22, 2016What does it mean to hold a Boston University degree? What skills, knowledge, and habits of mind should every BU graduate develop, regardless of college or major? What do today’s students need to thrive in their personal, professional, and civic lives? The BU Hub, Boston University’s first-ever University-wide general education program, is being designed to […]
- Alum’s Nonprofit Brings Yoga to Underserved Groups September 22, 2016When Susan Lovett founded the Boston-based nonprofit Hands to Heart Center—Yoga for the People two years ago, she wanted to give those living in poverty or with trauma something that could improve their quality of life, but was likely to be financially and geographically out of reach—yoga. Lovett’s idea has blossomed from a personal labor […]