Available to: Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
Cost: See cost details, below.
- See Getting Started, below.
Instructors and departments can easily record classroom lectures, meetings, speeches, and other events with the Echo360 system. You can record any combination of audio, video, and what is on your computer screen and easily publish your recordings to the Web with Echo360's automated features.
The recording and publishing process is simplified with Echo360. It works with internal microphones and webcams, as well as external peripherals (microphones, webcams, digital video recorders, etc.). You can record the contents of your computer screen to include anything you show during your presentation (e.g., PowerPoint slides). For scheduled classroom installations, the recordings automatically begin and end at designated times. Archived classroom recordings provide valuable review materials for your students.
- Integrated uploading - automatically publish to Blackboard.
- Multiple file types supported - .mp4, .avi and more. See the full list here.
- Editable recordings - edit your recording easily within Echo360, before or after publishing.
- A supported browser
- For specific setups:
- Portable - software license for Personal Capture (usually installed on a laptop). Use your laptop's internal microphone and webcam, or connect optional external microphone, webcam, or video camera.
- Simple desktop - software license for Classroom Capture (usually installed on a podium computer in a classroom). Connect an external microphone. Add an optional video camera or webcam.
- Dedicated classroom - Echo360 Capture Appliance. The appliance is usually connected to the room's existing audio and video systems.
There is no charge for faculty leveraging existing services.