Most operating systems include or support a firewall product that you can use to protect your computer against unwanted connections. Support for several popular firewalls is provided here to help you protect your systems.
Properly configured firewalls provide simple and effective protection against attacks and abuse.
- Firewalls can block attackers from communicating with your system, so they cannot attack it.
- Host-based firewalls are configurable on a per-machine basis, offering maximum flexibility.
A computer running an operating system that supports a software firewall.
Learn more about how firewalls work.Learn how to configure the firewall for your host, based on its operating system:
- Microsoft Windows XP or newer
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- UNIX/Linux with iptables (including BU Linux)
- Using TCP Wrappers with UNIX/Linux (including Solaris)
- Using TCP Wrappers with Mac OS X
- Novell Netware
If your operating system isn’t shown here, schedule a network design consultation with us and we’ll explain your options.