The PhD in Social Work application for Fall 2023 entry has closed. The application for Fall 2024 entry will open September 2023.
PhD Program at a Glance
- Two years of full-time coursework
- Individualized course of study
- Mixed methods training
- Interdisciplinary specialization across Boston University
- Intercollegiate study via the Boston Area Consortia
- Guaranteed funding for up to five years
- Research training with faculty
- Mentored teaching practicum
Admission to the PhD program is open to those who hold a Master of Social Work degree or a master’s degree from an allied discipline or profession in the social sciences or public health fields. Professional experience related to the values and social justice mission of the social work profession is also considered. Previous research experience is strongly recommended.