Study Rooms and Spaces
Mugar Memorial Library
Our building capacity has been significantly reduced to comply with public health guidelines. As a result, study areas are limited and modified for the fall 2020 semester.
Study spaces are available in the following areas on a first come, first served basis:
- 1st floor: Reserve Room (115) and Gotlieb Gallery (next to BU Common Lab).
- 2nd floor: Music study area (206, overlooking Charles River)
- 3rd floor: Seating and carrels adjacent to the main stacks
- 4th floor: Seating within the stacks on the north and south ends of building
- 5th floor: Seating within the stacks
- 6th floor: Seating and carrels adjacent to the stacks and overlooking the Charles River
Private study rooms may be reserved through the Student Study App
The following areas are unavailable for the fall 2020 semester:
- The PAL study lounge on the 3rd floor is closed.
All other branches of the University Libraries’ system on the Charles River Campus are currently closed. That includes the Science & Engineering Library, the Pardee Management Library, the Pickering Educational Resources Library, the Music Library, the African Studies Library, the Stone Science Library, and the Astronomy Library.