Peer Tutoring Sign Up Instructions
PEER TUTORING SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS
Appointments are made through our online scheduling software (TutorTrac). First, you need to decide which type of appointment you are looking for. Read over the differences here if you are having trouble deciding.
How do I schedule an appointment?
- Go to the TutorTrac website: https://erctutor.bu.edu/.
- Watch the demonstration video on the main TutorTrac page.
- Enter your BU login name in the User Name field and your Kerberos password in the Password field (similar to how you log into Student Link).
- Select the Search Availabilities option to the upper left of the TutorTrac screen.
- Choose “Peer Tutoring – In Person” or “Peer Tutoring – Online” in the first drop-down menu.
- Select the course in which you would like a tutor.
- Please note, you are only able to request a tutor for courses in which you are enrolled and that we have active tutors for.
- If you do not see your desired course listed in the drop down, please explore our FAQs for next steps.
- You may adjust the parameters of your time availability by clicking on the days you are available and the time ranges you are free. We recommend that you leave the range as is so the system generates the maximum number of availabilities.
- Click the Search button at the bottom left.
- When you find an opening that works for your schedule, click on the time and a new window will open.
- Green appointments denote a single availability; Yellow appointments denote a group availability. Please be sure you are selecting your desired type of appointment.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: By registering for a Group appointment, it is expected that you will meet with your tutor at that time and day for the remainder of the semester. You bear the responsibility of maintaining communication with your tutor.
- Select the reason for your tutoring appointment from the options listed.
- In order to give your tutor a better idea of what you are having difficulties with, we strongly encourage you to add notes for your tutor in the Notes section.
- Click Save and you will have registered for your selected tutoring appointment.