Support the CSC
The Community Service Center would not thrive without the support of individuals, parents, alumni, students, faculty, staff, foundations and corporations. Whether material or monetary, your support allows us to facilitate our programs, engaging members of the BU community in meaningful service and instilling in our students a lifelong passion for social justice and civic engagement.
Would you like to support the CSC’s valuable outreach activities? Not only will your gift impact the Greater Boston community, but it will encourage community service and civic engagement in today’s Boston University students for years to come. Your individual contribution goes a long way! Monetary donations are tax deductible, and you will receive a receipt. For material or in-kind donations, we are happy to provide a letter describing your contribution that you can include with related receipts in your tax files.
To give, please visit the Boston University Giving page. When prompted under “Your Gift Designation”, select “Community Service Center” in the drop down menu.
How your support works for our community:
- $5,000 sponsors an Alternative Service Breaks (ASB) trip or First-Year Student Outreach Project (FYSOP) group.
- $3,000 sponsors a student program manager for a year as they lead a program and learn invaluable professional skills.
- $1,000 sponsors one year of each of our signature programs.
- $500 fully sponsors one student’s participation in Alternative Service Breaks or First-Year Student Outreach Project.
- $400 provides Saturday lunch for Boston youth participating in the Siblings mentoring program.
- $300 recognizes the hard work of our student program managers, providing dinner during a Friday staff meeting.
- $200 sponsors food or speaker fees for programs that allow our community to convene, learn, and reflect.
- $100 funds one week of Student Food Rescue runs, delivering well over 1,000 pounds of fresh food for local organizations.
- $50 supports one student’s Charlie Card for a semester of volunteering.
- $25 sponsors one week of art, music, or STEM education programs for a school community.
Or, make an in-kind donation:
- Merchant gift cards for supply or food purchases here in Boston, or for groups traveling on Alternative Service Breaks.
- Meals or snacks to support staff meetings or community programs.
- Office supplies or technology to support Center operations.