Daily attendance at the Center is not required, as these early years are the only time in your child’s life when you can dictate their school schedule. Our earliest drop-off time is 8:00am and we ask that you try to pick your child up by 5:45pm so you have time to speak with your child’s teachers about their day and leave the Center no later than 6:00pm.
The Center follows the University’s Holiday Calendar. Please see the dates below for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Labor Day-September 6th, 2021
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day-October 11th, 2021
- Thanksgiving Day & Day After Thanksgiving-November 25th & 26th, 2021
- Christmas Eve-December 24th, 2021
- Christmas Day-December 25th, 2021
- University Intercession-December 27th-December, 31st 2021
- New Year’s Day-January 1st, 2022
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day-January 17th, 2022
- Presidents’ Day-February 21st, 2022
- Patriots’ Day–April 18th, 2022
- Memorial Day–May 30th, 2022
- Juneteenth-June 19th, 2022
- Independence Day–July 4th, 2022
- Preparation Week-August 29th-September 2nd, 2022
- Preparation Week-five days at the end of August
- Early closure one day in December for end of year staff gathering
- Spring Professional Development Early Closure Day
- This typically happens in March or April, and the early closure will happen at 12:00 noon. The date will be announced by the end of the fall semester each year, so you are able to plan accordingly.
- Inclement Weather
- In the case of inclement weather, the Center will follow Boston University closures or delayed openings.
- When the University has a delayed opening, Center staff will make their best effort to arrive on time to staff the classrooms to meet EEC licensing requirements. However, if it is taking longer than expected for staff to arrive at the Center due to the inclement weather, you may be asked to remain with your child until enough staff have arrived to meet licensing requirements.