Worship & Meditation Opportunities
Below you will find a list of current worship and meditation opportunities and spaces on Boston University’s Charles River Campus. This list is updated periodically and may not be exhaustive. To learn more about the approved religious life groups on campus and their worship opportunities, please view the official BU list of Approved Religious Organizations.
- Interdenominational Protestant Worship – Sundays, 11:00 am, Marsh Chapel Sanctuary
- Catholic Mass – Sundays, 1:00 pm & 6:00 pm, Marsh Chapel Sanctuary
- Summer Mass (June-August) – Sundays, 4:00 pm, Marsh Chapel Sanctuary
- School of Theology Worship Service – Wednesdays, 11:10 am, Marsh Chapel Sanctuary
- Ecumenical Eucharist Service – Wednesdays, 5:15 pm, Robinson Meditation Chapel, Lower Level of Marsh Chapel
- Shabbat – Fridays, 6:00 pm, BU Hillel
- Jumma’ah Prayer – Fridays, 1:15 pm, GSU Alley
- Puja/Discussion – Saturdays, 12:00 pm, GSU Terrace Lounge
- Zen Mindfulness Community – Wednesdays, 7:30 pm, Robinson Meditation Chapel, Lower Level of Marsh Chapel
Spaces Available Daily for Prayer/Meditation:
These spaces are open to all BU students, faculty, and staff for personal meditation or prayer. Some spaces may also be reserved for small group prayer or meditation upon request.
- Marsh Chapel Sanctuary – open daily from 7:00 am – 10:00 pm, unless otherwise reserved
- Robinson Meditation Chapel (interfaith space) – open daily from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, unless otherwise reserved
- Islamic Prayer Room – 2nd Floor of GSU – open daily
- BU Hillel
- BU Catholic Center
- Howard Thurman Center Listening Room – 2nd Floor of HTC
Information regarding opportunities on the BU Medical Campus… Coming Soon!