College of Arts & Sciences
Development & Alumni Relations (DAR)
What are the main functions of DAR?
- To increase support to Boston University from among its constituencies: current and prospective donors, alumni, parents, corporations and foundations, the local community, and the general public.
- To assist the Dean and CAS to identify and highlight overall development opportunities and communicate these to the rest of the DAR staff.
- To coordinate efforts by the Dean and the development staff to identify major donor prospects.
- To highlight CAS faculty, programs, and research in organizing events and networking opportunities for alumni.
- To assist CAS departments as they think about connecting and communicating with their alumni.
- To cultivate long-term relationships between CAS leadership/faculty and alumni through campus visits, volunteer opportunities, academic research, and networking.
Why would I contact DAR?
- We would like to connect with our alumni (or those that might have affinity for our teaching/research/outreach) and build relationships that might lead to increased support.
- We have been contacted by alumni, friends, parents, or a company who would like to make a contribution to our department/program.
- We would like to send a department/program newsletter, an invitation to an event, or information about professional networking to our alumni.
- We have been contacted by alumni who would like to update their contact information or set up a campus visit.
- We have dynamic faculty with accessible topics who are willing to speak at events for BU alumni and friends.
College of Arts & Sciences Development and Alumni Relations
Meghan Frost, Assistant Dean, CAS
Gregg Carlo, Associate Director, CAS
Hank Geng, Senior Leadership Gift Officer, CAS
Tara Walsh, Senior Development Coordinator, CAS
Susan L. Richardson, Executive Director, Alumni Relations