Frequently Asked Questions
How can I have an Accounts Payable check reissued?
How do I create an invoice number for a Disbursement Form if I do not have one?
- Please reference this chart.
How do I find out the status of an invoice?
Where do I go to find out more information about vendor payment terms?
How do I approve an invoice in BUworks worklist?
- If you have the approval role the steps to take would be to open the form and approve the invoice payment. If you do not have the role you will need to forward the form to someone who does have the approver role.
How do I place or remove an invoice hold?
- To place an invoice on hold in your BUWorks Worklist, you must select that option for the invoice. Please note that invoices for under $5,000 will be released for payment after 3 days unless you create this hold (invoices over $5,000 will remain in the Worklist until action by the end user is taken).
- To place an invoice payment on hold you will select that option on the form from your worklist. Please remember that once you put the invoice payment on hold it will not be released until you contact Accounts Payable.
How do I pay an honorarium, prize or stipend?
- A disbursement form can be used to make these types of payments. Make sure you fill out all the necessary information and the correct documentation is attached. Specific requirements can be found on the documentation here.
How do I determine if a check has been cashed?
- You can determine if a check has been cashed by using Tcode FB03 within the SAP system. You will need the FI document number of the invoice. Enter the FI document number in FB03. Double click on the invoice line item. Then go to environment at the top of the screen and then check information. At that point you can see the check encashment date. That will tell you if the check has been cashed.
How can I wire funds to a foreign vendor?
- The department must indicate ‘Wire’ as the disposition on the disbursement form. It is also required that a letter be submitted from the bank/institution that is to receive the wire payment or a copy of a voided check – please see the attached sample here.
Please also remember that if the payee is not already a registered BU vendor, a W8-BEN (individual) or W8-BEN-E (institution) will need to be filled out in order to complete their vendor registration. These can be found at the IRS website.
How can I request a 1099-MISC form?
- If you would like to request a copy of a 1099 form please email the Accounts Payable Director.