How do users access Guided BUying?
- Requisitioners will access Guided BUying through MyBUworks
How can we route invoices to colleagues for review before they are sent through Ariba? Would the supplier submit the invoices and then I would need to intervene and put them on hold?
- Requisitioners will have the ability to add another Ariba user as an approver or watcher for invoices over $5000. Approvers must take action (approve) on the invoice to generate payment.
For invoices under $5000, requisitioners will be added as a watcher. Watchers are notified via email, therefore the email can be forwarded to a colleague for review. After three days, under $5,000 invoices will auto-release unless placed on hold by the requisitioner in BUworks. Requisitioners will be able to view invoices in the system and place them on hold if there is a discrepancy. Please see this guide containing the instructions to place an invoice on hold.
Can BU staff send invoices to the system directly after reviewing in the department or can only the supplier email invoices?
- Ideally, suppliers will submit all invoices to Boston University through the Ariba Network. If, in the unusual circumstance a supplier inadvertently sends an invoice to a department, ensure the PO number is referenced and email the invoice to email@example.com.
Will the invoices tab have a copy of the invoice or just details?
- For those suppliers who send invoices through the Ariba Network, the invoice will be available to view in two locations: 1) the email notification and 2) the invoice in Guided BUying by clicking on the paperclip icon located in the Invoice Summary tab. For invoices not sent through the Ariba Network, the invoice will be available in SAP. Please click on this link for step by step instructions.
Will Requisitioners be able to view invoices in Guided BUying?
- Yes, Requisitioners will be able to view the payment status of their purchase order by navigating to the “Your Request” section in in Guided BUying click on the purchase order number. Once the purchase order is open, click on Payment.
Will Requisitioners receive an notification when an invoice is sent for their purchase order in Guided BUying?
- Yes, the Requisitioner will receive an email notification stating an invoice is available to review or approve. Requisitioners can also navigate to the Guided Buying “To Watch” list or “Your Approvals” list to review invoices as well.
Will Requistioners still be able to hold invoices under $5,000?
- Yes, the current process in BUworks to hold an invoice under $5000 will stay the same. When the Requisitoner is ready to release the invoice hold, please contact Accounts Payable via the Financial Affairs Customer Service Portal to release the hold.
Will Requisitioners be able to view payment status in Guided BUying for invoices pertaining to their purchase orders?
- Requisitioners will be able to view the payment status of their purchase order by navigating to the “Your Request” section in in Guided BUying click on the purchase order number. Once the purchase order is open, click on Payment.
Will suppliers be able to send invoices via email?
- Yes, suppliers will have to complete an onboarding process to send the invoice as an attachment via email. Upon completion of the onboarding process, the new email address will be made available to the supplier.
What action can a Requisitioner take to resolve an invoice exception in Guided BUying?
- An invoice exception occurs when the purchase order information and the invoice data do not align. Invoice exceptions are located in the “Your Approval” section. After review of the invoice exception reason, the Requisitioner can reject the invoice back to the supplier for correction or modify the requisition to align with the invoice.