||Instructors and departments can easily record classroom lectures, meetings, speeches, and other events with the Echo360 system. You can record any combination of audio, video, and what is on your computer screen and easily publish your recordings to the Web with Echo360′s automated features.
||Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
||The recording and publishing process is simplified with Echo360. It works with internal microphones and webcams, as well as external peripherals (microphones, webcams, digital video recorders, etc.). You can record the contents of your computer screen to include anything you show during your presentation (e.g., PowerPoint slides). For scheduled classroom installations, the recordings automatically begin and end at designated times. Archived classroom recordings provide valuable review materials for your students.
- Integrated uploading – publish to the BU Echo360 server, Blackboard, and iTunes U.
- Automated RSS feeds – start podcasting with no additional effort required on your part.
- Flexible publishing options – use any combination of file types, such as rich media for Web, MP3, QuickTime, streaming video.
- Editable recordings – edit your recording easily within Echo360, before or after publishing.
- A supported browser
- For specific setups:
- Portable - software license for Personal Capture (usually installed on a laptop). Use your laptop’s internal microphone and webcam, or connect optional external microphone, webcam, or video camera.
- Simple desktop – software license for Classroom Capture (usually installed on a podium computer in a classroom). Connect an external microphone. Add an optional video camera or webcam.
- Dedicated classroom - Echo360 Capture Appliance. The appliance is usually connected to the room’s existing audio and video systems.
- For portable setups: No charge for the site-licensed software and its use with an internal microphone and camera. However, A/V expenses may be incurred if equipment needs increase.
- For simple desktop setups: No charge for the site-licensed software. However, A/V expenses are likely and will vary by equipment needs.
- For dedicated classroom setups: No charge for the site-licensed software. However, cost associated with the Echo360 capture appliance is $3295 appliance, $50 shipping, and $400 optional extended warranty. Additional expenses will vary by equipment needs.