The application deadline for Fall 2020 entry into our PhD Program has passed. Check back in August 2020 for information regarding our 2021 application.
PhD Program at a Glance
- Two years of full-time coursework
- Individualized course of study
- Mixed methods training
- Interdisciplinary specialization across Boston University
- Intercollegiate study via the Boston Area Consortia
- Guaranteed funding for up to five years
- Research training with faculty
- Mentored teaching practicum
Admission to the PhD program is open to those who hold a Master of Social Work degree or a master’s degree from an allied discipline or profession in the social sciences or public health fields. Professional experience related to the values and social justice mission of the social work profession is also considered. Previous research experience is strongly recommended.