Resources for Current Students
If you find a broken link or an out of date document, or think something is missing, please contact us.
Graduate Student Handbooks
Please consult with your advisor and/or the DGS regarding your particular course of study. Some policies and practices are in transition.
French Language & Literature
- FRENCH HANDBOOK, revision of April 2014 (revised April2014)
Hispanic Language & Literatures
- Spanish Examination Reading List (Academic Year 2012/2013)
These lists are for students who matriculated in September 2012 or earlier. New students should consult their advisor for the most recent information. Instructions for accessing selected reading list items not available at Mugar can be found at http://www.bu.edu/geddes/course/pdf/cas%20course%20share.pdf
- Spanish GRS Guide revOct2014 (revised October2014)
Satisfactory Academic Progress
The GRS minimum standard for satisfactory academic progress is:
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have no more than 2 failing grades (lower than B- or an incomplete grade older than 12 months)
- Pass qualifying exams and other milestones on the schedule specified by the program
For detailed information about degree requirements and optimal timetables for the completion of:
- MA and PhD programs in French Language and Literatures, see Satisfactory Progress, French (revised September 2013)
- MA and PhD programs in Hispanic Language and Literatures, see Satisfactory Progress, Spanish (revised September 2013)
Useful Deparmental Forms and Documents
- Directed study for graduate students
Please contact the Administrative Assistant for the department Directed Study application.
Online Resources from the Graduate School
Fellowship Opportunities and Further Resources for Professional Development
- The Chronicle of Higher Education The department has a subscription; please see a department administrator for username and password information.
- The MLA Individual members can now search the combined Job Information List using their member IDs and password. Department membership and login information is available from a department administrator.