Office of Sponsored Programs
The mission of the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is to provide comprehensive support to members of the Boston University research community engaged in the preparation and submission of research proposals and the management of funded research projects. As steward of the university’s externally-funded research portfolio, OSP is responsible for ensuring that all research proposals and projects adhere to Boston University’s academic and research policies and meet its obligations to external sponsors.
OSP supports investigators who have or plan to apply for external sources of support for their research, departmental administrators who assist with proposal preparation or award administration, and department chairs and deans who supervise research-active units. OSP’s specific responsibilities include working with faculty and departments to:
- identify resources for research projects;
- review and approve all research proposals before submission to external entities;
- negotiate research agreements with external sponsors and subrecipient organizations;
- accept and manage awards for sponsored research projects; and
- maintain compliance with sponsor requirements during the life cycle of funded awards.
In support of Boston University’s research enterprise, OSP maintains offices on both the Charles River and Medical Campuses.
Sign up for regular updates from Sponsored Programs.