After more than 30 years of building a nationally recognized Playwriting Program—founded by Nobel Laureate Derek Walcott in 1981—BU now offers a three-year MFA in Playwriting that combines the best of our traditions with a new and exciting collaboration with the award-winning School of Theatre at Boston University.
Top stories of this issue of Bostonia include:
- Taste Makers: At Harpoon and Brooklyn Breweries, BU alums are crafting the next generation of beer
- Damages: What are the costs of the deadliest rock concert in American history? Two alums approach the Station nightclub fire from different sides.
- Love Me Tender: Nicole Daley helps young teens find the way to healthy relationships
- What Is Life?: The answer depends on whom you ask
- Revelations: Marc Maron’s WTF podcast gives millions of listeners something different: reality Video
- Cricket Gets Some Respect (Again): A popular sport abroad climbs out of baseball’s shadow Video
The Center for English Language & Orientation Programs is dedicated to promoting and upholding the highest professional standards to ensure that students receive the most advanced methods of intensive English instruction from trained, professional instructors.
Boston University Federal Relations advocates on behalf of BU’s priorities as the federal government considers policies affecting research universities, including support for student financial aid, scientific research, and the humanities.