Environmental Health & Safety at Boston University covers a wide range of physical spaces and types of work within our community.
This site has information on common topics, and this information is also grouped into the major areas the BU community spends its time in: Laboratory, Residential, Clinical, or Workplace. A Field Studies area is being developed as well.
For a detailed and complete look at all content on this site, please use the sitemap.
For area-specific information tailored to your needs, please use the navigation at the top of the window and on the right-hand side of the page.
Some information links to different sites within BU or to external agencies for the most up-to-date and accurate information. You can always navigate back to the EHS site by using your browser’s back button or bookmarking pages you frequent.
Full list of topics:
- Protests and Civil Disturbances
- Boston MedFlight Helicopter Crash Incident
- Family Assistance Center & Community Assistance Center Operations Manual
- Campus-Wide Evacuation Plan/Shelter-in-Place
- Statement of Commitment to EHS
- Biological Safety
- Asbestos Toolkit for Project Managers
- Campus and Clinical Management Plan
- Chemical Safety
- Construction Safety
- Controlled Substances
- Electrical Safety
- Emergency Communications
- Environmental and Waste Management
- Fire Safety
- Hazard Communication
- Laboratory Decontamination and Decommissioning
- Laboratory Safety Coordinator Toolkit
- Ladder Safety
- Machine & Tool Safety
- Moving Chemicals & Hazardous Materials
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Radiation Safety
- Residential Safety
- Respiratory Protection
- Security & Visitors
- Safety Shower and Eyewash Toolkit
- Safe Work Practices
- Administration Module