MA in Editorial Studies
Eight courses (32 credits) and a thesis related to editing are required for the degree. In addition to the five required Editorial Institute courses, students take at least one related course in another department at the University and at least one directed study; the eighth course may be a related course or a directed study. All three courses must be relevant to the subject of the thesis, and approved by the student’s faculty advisor.
The following list reflects the courses offered during the 2013/2014 academic year. For further information, please visit the institute’s website at www.bu.edu/editinst, or contact the administrative assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-358-1937.
Courses for the MA
- CAS EI 501 The Theory and Practice of Literary Editing
- CAS EI 503 Textual Scholarship
- CAS EI 507 Editing and Publishing
- CAS EI 508 Editing Across the Disciplines
- CAS EI 509 History of the Book
- GRS EI 901/902 Directed Study in Editorial Studies