About the Training Requirement
All incoming first-year and transfer students are required to complete AlcoholEdu® for College as part of BU’s commitment to community wellbeing. This training is private, research-backed, and tailored to the unique experiences of undergraduate students.
AlcoholEdu aims to prevent risky drinking and other drug use on campus and help students reach their goals. Whether or not you choose to use alcohol or other drugs, this training will share important information to help you make informed decisions about substance use and how you can step in to help others.
This training is required as part of University Compliance. Students who do not complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu are withheld from registration activity during their second semester of coursework. Registration activity includes using the course planner and registering for classes.
If you have concerns about completing the training due to its content, a waiver can be confidentially requested through Student Health Services’ PatientConnect portal. More information can be found here.
How to Complete the Training
Your training assignment
If you are an incoming first-year or transfer student, you will get an email when it is time for you to complete AlcoholEdu for College. Fall-start students receive an email in mid-August with the link to complete the training. Spring-start students receive an email in January.
How to access the training
You can access your assigned training in two ways:
- You will receive a direct link to the training in emails from firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can go to the StudentLink Compliance page to find a link to your training
|Fall-Start Students||Spring-Start Students|
|You will become non-compliant with the University on October 15 if you have not completed the training.
Online students will become non-compliant with the University on November 15.
|You will become non-compliant with the University on March 1 if you have not completed the training.
Online students will become non-compliant with the University on April 5.
How to see if you met the requirement
You can see if you completed your training on the StudentLink Compliance page. It can take up to 30 minutes for StudentLink to update your status that the training has been completed.
Tips for Taking the Training
- Take the training in the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge
- Save your progress and come back later. Each training section ends with a “Next” button. Click this button before you close the browser to avoid repeating a section the next time you log in.
- Know that it’s private. BU only receives survey responses from the student body as a whole. We do not see students’ individual answers.
- Find accessibility features by selecting “accessibility mode” once you are in the training.
Help is available 24/7
Most EVERFI technical issues can be resolved by doing one of the following:
- Update your internet browser
- Try a different internet browser (Google Chrome or Firefox are recommended)
- Clear your cache
- If you seem stuck, your screen may be zoomed in too much causing you to miss the prompt or navigation button. To zoom out on a PC or Chromebook, hit “control 0 (zero), and on a Mac, hit “command 0 (zero)”
If you continue to have technical issues after trying the above, help is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: