The Student Health Ambassadors (SHAs) are peer educators committed to improving health and wellness at BU.
SHAs are trained by professionals on the topics of mental health, sleep, substance use, sexual health, and issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the wellness space. Meet this year’s SHAs.
SHAs have opportunities to:
- Assist with programs and events like Condom Fairy.
- Provide feedback and consultation on department initiatives
- Conduct community outreach
- Facilitate conversations with BU students
- Be featured in campus-wide communications
- Raise awareness about health and wellness resources
There are many benefits to being a Student Health Ambassador.
BU students share that they like:
- Being part of a community of like-minded peers
- Receiving training and education in various wellness topics
- Gaining skills in communication, team work, and program planning
- Strengthening their resume through this professional experience
Apply to be a Student Health Ambassador!
Applications for this year have closed. Positions pay a competitive hourly rate for 4 to 6 hours per week. Commitment is from September 2023 through May 2024. No prior health experience is required. Open to all BU undergraduate students.