Emergency Prep for BU Students, Faculty & Staff
Carry your Terrier Card with you at all times for identification and access to streets and buildings.
At the beginning of each semester, make sure to familiarize yourself with:
- Your classroom, office, and/or workspace
- The location of the closest emergency equipment (fire extinguishers, AEDs, first aid kits, etc.)
- Two emergency exit routes out of the building
- Evacuation routes and emergency plans
- Fire response procedure
- What “shelter in place” means and the BU shelter in place procedures
Staff should also familiarize themselves with their department’s Continuity of Operations plans.
The best way to stay safe during an emergency is to plan beforehand. Take these steps to ensure you are ready for a variety of incidents you might experience while on campus.