The Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) is an all-hazard plan that delineates who will do what, as well as when, with what resources, and by what authority, before, during, and immediately after an emergency. The Boston University EOP includes the following information:
- Identifies and assigns responsibility to departments for carrying out specific actions that exceed routine responsibility during an emergency.
- Sets forth lines of authority and organizational relationships and shows how all actions will be coordinated.
- Specifies the direction, control, and communication procedures and systems that will be relied upon to alert, notify, recall and dispatch emergency response personnel, warn the public, and protect individuals and property.
- Describes the logistical support including personnel, equipment, facilities, supplies, and other resources available needed during an emergency.
- Outlines the integration of assistance that is available from local, state, and federal partners.