Graduate Information

Financing Your Master’s Degree

Several programs in the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences offer merit-based scholarships to our incoming master’s students. To inquire about availability, please contact the specific department directly.  Graduate students may also apply for federal and private loans. Numerous on-campus and off-campus opportunities for employment are also available.

  • Federal Unsubsidized Loans
  • Credit Based Loans (Federal PLUS & Private)
  • Federal Work Study is a program for U.S. citizens and permanent residents that promotes access to employment for students who demonstrate financial need.  Available funds are provided by a federal allocation and a University matching contribution.  Recipients are selected by the Graduate School Financial Aid Office and must meet federal need and other criteria.  Student income verification is required for all students wishing to be considered for work-study. Application deadlines are May 1 for Academic Year awards and March 1 for Summer awards.  Please contact the Graduate School Financial Aid Office for more information and an application.
  • Foreign Language Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships:  The African Studies Center has a limited amount of funding for graduate students in the form of Foreign Language Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships. For more information on FLAS Fellowships, please see the African Studies Center.
  • The Student Employment Office works with currently enrolled students to assist them in their on-campus employment endeavors, through the Job Board and Quickie Job Services. Student Employment also assists students with the Payroll process.