Diversity Reports and Links
Reports and Presentations Relevant to Faculty Diversity and Inclusion at Boston University
- Faculty Council Committee on Equity & Inclusion Report, May 2012. This report assessed the representation of African American/Black and Hispanic/Latino faculty at Boston University, compared to peer institutions, and makes a number of recommendations to support better recruitment and retention of these faculty members. The report was endorsed by the Faculty Council in May, 2012, and was submitted to the senior leadership.
- Student and Faculty Diversity At BU. This is the presentation given by Provost Jean Morrison at the Fall Faculty Assembly Meeting in 2012. It addresses the demographics of the student and faculty populations at BU, as well as the availability of underrepresented minorities in the populations from which we recruit students and faculty.
Links to Organizations and Resources at Boston University that Promote and Support Diversity Among Students and Faculty
- Boston University School of Medicine Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs (OMA) This office on the Medical Campus works to support and enrich the educational experience of medical students of all races and gender identities, as well as those with diverse ethnic and religious backgrounds. You are welcome to contact OMA for more information.
- Women in Science and Engineering This page provides a portal for separate groups supporting female faculty, graduate students and undergraduates with an interest in science, technology, engineering and math.
- Diversity at the School of Management This is the homepage for the School of Management’s activities supporting diversity among its students, with separate sections for underrepresented minorities, women, LGBT students, those with families, and those with a military background.
- Diversity at the College of Engineering This is homepage for the diversity and outreach initiatives at the College of Engineering. You can learn more about the activities in Engineering by contacting the Associate Dean for Outreach and Diversity, Gretchen Fougere.
- BU Admissions Student Diversity Board (ASDB): this is a group dedicated to attracting and supporting a multicultural student body at BU. Although this is part of the Admissions website, the activities go far beyond recruitment of students.
- The Howard Thurman Center: This group works to encourage BU students, faculty and staff across the entire University to develop a sense of community through shared experiences on and off campus that help bridge differences in race, ethnicity, religion and gender identity. The Thurman Center is dedicated to the pursuit of “Common Ground,” a guiding philosophy of Dr. Howard Thurman. Join their mailing list, and learn about their programs.
Are you looking for resources for recruiting new faculty? Please visit the Recruitment section of the website.